Frequently Asked Questions

Read through our frequently asked questions.

If you don’t find your question addressed here, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Can I cover my spouse and dependent child(ren) under Voluntary Benefits if they are not covered under my Insurance?

Your spouse or dependent child(ren) can be enrolled under any supplemental policy even if they are not covered under your medical insurance. You are required to be enrolled under a supplemental policy in order to cover your spouse or child(ren) under that policy.

Do I lose my benefits if I do not make benefit elections during open enrollment?

Typically enrollments for Medical, Dental, Vision, Term Life and AD&D, Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer, Legal and ID Theft Insurance will “roll-over” into the next plan year unless you elect to change these benefits during open enrollment. Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (Dependent care FSA) require you to make a new election each year during open enrollment.

How do I change or cancel my voluntary benefits if I elected coverage this year?

Please complete a "Request for Change" form found in the "Forms Library" and return to your Human Resource professional. You will be notified if additional documentation is required.

How do I file a Wellness Screening claim under my Cancer, Accident or Critical Illness policy?

Claim forms can be found under the "Forms Library" section of this website.

What happens to funds in my FSA and Dependent Care FSA at the end of the year if I do not use them?

For most FSA plans, up to $500 of unused FSA funds will “roll-over” to the next plan year. FSA Funds above $500, or for plans that do not allow "roll-over" funds cannot be “cashed-in” or “rolled-over” and must be used for reimbursement of expenses incurred in the plan year. Dependent Care FSA funds will not “roll-over” to the next plan year and must be used for expenses incurred in the plan year

What happens to my Life Insurance if I leave employment?

Universal Life Insurance is portable and will remain the same cost when you leave employment even for retirement. Term Life Insurance is portable at a “similar” cost prior to retirement age. Term Life Insurance can be converted to a permanent life policy at a different cost at retirement age. A request to port or convert coverage is required within 30 days of your last date of employment.

Do I have to elect medical insurance to elect dental or other insurance?

In most cases, enrollment into the medical plan is NOT required for you or your dependents to be eligible to enroll in other types of insurance coverage offered by your employer.
Still Have Questions?
Contact Us
© 2023 Fringe Benefit Resources